April 2011 Events at Meetingbrook
Note: Quaker Meeting.
We are pleased to announce we began in March
Note: Tuesday and Wednesday Evening Conversations return 13th of April.
1. Tuesday Evening Conversation/Practice, 5:30-6:30pm. Theme: Maybe Zen, Maybe Not. Buddhist focus: 20mins sitting; 20 mins reading; 20 mins conversation. Currently using Hand Wash Cold, care instructions for an ordinary life, by Karen Maezen Miller
1. Wednesday Evening Conversation, 5:30-6:30pm. Theme: Laura Soul-Friend Conversation: ("Laura" is a Greek word meaning different trails or paths.) An hour of sharing the delights and difficulties of practice and thought as experienced. An opportunity to converse about spiritual or meditative practice in an open, deep listening & loving speech setting.
1. Thursday Evening Conversation, 5:30pm--6:45pm. Christian focus. Theme: Stepping into the Mirror. Currently using book, A Course in Miracles.
1. Conversations at Maine State Prison, Warren ME. (7:30am--11:00am).
2. Poetry, Tea, and Thee -- Poetry Conversation at Quarry Hill(Retirement/Assisted Living Facility, Camden ME) 1st and 3rd Fridays, (3--4:00pm)
3. Friday Evening Conversation at Hermitage, 5:30pm--6:45pm. Theme,Creativity and Peace: Mystics, Poets, & Thinkers. Reading, or video, from various traditions, conversation,. We currently alternate various videos with reading Raimon Panikkar's Gifford Lectures, The Rhythm of Being.
1. Morning Practice, 7:30am--8:45am, Buddhist Focus: sitting, chant, reading, circle reflection,metta,
2. Unity community in the Camden area of Maine. Group is meeting at meetingbrook for study in Camden: Monthly on the Second Saturdays at 12 for lunch, then book study at 1 pm. Contact information to share with those interested in Unity of Camden: Rev Airin, firstname.lastname@example.org, 207-210-4539.
1. Morning Practice, 7:30 AM- 8:30AM, Christian Focus, chant, reading (lectio), circle reflection, intercessory prayer.
2. Quaker Meeting for Worship, 9:00AM--10:00AM weekly, March, April, & May (It moves in June to Vesper Hill Children's Chapel in Rockport until Oct). T
3. Open Hospitality, Resumes 17April, Palm Sunday: 12:30pm --3:30pm
4. Sunday Evening Practice, (Practicing Between Traditions), 6:00pm--8:00pm, sitting, walking, chanting; table reading, silent eating, open conversation.
Please note: 1. Winter Zendo: we are using 1st floor of Merton bookshed/retreat as our winter zendo. There are regular chairs, meditation chairs, zafus, and benches available for your use. It is open to anyone to visit at any time.
You can call (236-6808) and there will be a recording if an event needs to be cancelled. Or see website, Today at Meetingbrook,http://meetingbrook.blogspot.com/ for any change/elaboration of schedule for that day.
... ... ...
Meetingbrook Hermitage is a place of collation and recollection between Ragged and Bald Mountains where we practice with simplicity between traditions cultivating our promises of contemplation, conversation, & correspondence, in the spirit of deep listening and loving speech.
Come by and experience your own mind/heart in the presence of others