January 2011 Events at Meetingbrook Hermitage
A word about Meetingbrook Hermitage Events: All are welcome; All events at meetingbrook are free, open, and informal; Each conversation, each night, each practice stands by itself. Each silent sitting is just that, nothing more. Each event and conversation begins with a space of silence
…. … ...
Mondays: No events
Tuesdays: 1. Tuesday Evening Conversation, 5:30pm--6:45pm. Buddhist focus. Theme: Maybe Zen, Maybe Not: Reading, Conversation. Currently using book, hand wash cold, care instructions for an ordinary life, by Karen Maezen Miller
Wednesdays: 1. Open Hospitality, Breakfast, Conversation, 8:00am--10:30am.
2. Wednesday Evening Conversation, 5:30pm--6:45pm, Theme: Laura Soul-Friend Conversation. An open and free-form time to speak about our lives, spirituality, & practice.
Thursdays: 1. Thursday Evening Conversation, 5:30pm--6:45pm. Christian focus. Theme: Stepping into the Mirror. Currently using book, A Course in Miracles.
Fridays: 1. Conversations at Maine State Prison, Warren ME. (7:30am--11:00am).
2. Poetry, Tea, and Thee -- Poetry Conversation at Quarry Hill (Retirement/Assisted Living Facility, Camden ME) 1st and 3rd Fridays, (3:00pm--4:00pm)
3. Friday Evening Conversation at Hermitage, 5:30pm--6:45pm. Theme, Creativity and Peace: Mystics, Poets, & Thinkers. Reading, or video, from various traditions , conversation,. We will start with Raimon Panikkar.
Saturdays: 1. Morning Practice, 7:30am--8:45am, Buddhist Focus: sitting, chant, reading, circle reflection, metta,
Sundays: 1. Morning Practice, 7:30am--8:45am, Christian Focus: sitting, chant, reading (lectio), circle reflection, intercessory prayer.
2. Open Hospitality, Brunch, Conversation 12:30pm--3:30pm.
3. Sunday Evening Practice, (Practicing Between Traditions), 6:00pm--8:00pm, sitting, walking, chanting; table reading, silent eating, open conversation.
… … …
Please note: 1. Winter Zendo: we are using 1st floor of Merton bookshed/retreat as our winter zendo. There are regular chairs, meditation chairs, zafus, and benches available for your use. It is open to anyone to visit at any time.
You can call (236-6808) and there will be a recording if an event needs to be cancelled. Or see website, Today at Meetingbrook, http://meetingbrook.blogspot.com/ for any change/elaboration of schedule for that day.
... ... ...
Meetingbrook Hermitage is a place of collation and recollection between Ragged and Bald Mountains where we practice with simplicity between traditions cultivating our promises of contemplation, conversation, & correspondence, in the spirit of deep listening and loving speech.
Come by and experience your own mind/heart in the presence of others